We have a number of tutors who offer advanced driving courses in Northamptonshire for companies and private individuals. We can cover all areas of the county and have already provided courses in Northampton, Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough. We have a range of routes in Northamptonshire for our clients, designed to provide the very best driver training experience possible. We often use the M1 for motorway training, or sometimes the M6 if we are heading out of the county in a north west direction, or the M40 if we are heading west.
In regards A roads, which often have specific features similar to more rural roads we often use the A4, A45, A508 plus many more. Rural road training is important as these types of roads are generally considered the most dangerous of all. The high speeds, close proximity to on-coming traffic, varying road surface and corner severity all add to the risk. Our advanced courses really helps a driver lower their risk on these roads.
Urban driver training is covered during our courses too, as this helps a driver to become more aware of vulnerable road users, which are common place in towns and cities, along with learning how to more effectively manage 20mph speed limits and dealing with varying traffic lanes. In Northampton for example we will often head into urban areas like Abington or Delapre, or in to the centre for urban training.
During our advanced/defensive training in Northamptonshire we try and cover a wide range of things, including:
- Creating increased powers of anticipation and planning
- Being aware of speed limits and controlling your speed
- Improving a drivers overall attitude to driving on UK roads
- Safer driving on motorways, rural roads and in the town
- Educating drivers about rules of the road
- Better understanding the reasons for road rage
- Driving in dangerous weather
- Risks linked to urban driving and being aware of at-risk road users
- Learning the difference between different skids
- Learning to drive in a more economical way
- How to anticipate the actions of other motorists
Why take driver training with us? (Personal advantages)
- Enhance your levels of driving skill and confidence
- Single out and remove any bad driving habits
- Consider issues that may be impacting on your driving
- Improve all aspects of car control
- Learn how to get more miles from your tank
Benefits of advanced driver training for a business perspective.
If you are considering driver training for your fleet, there are a number of advantages:
- Lower the collision rate among your drivers
- Save up to 20% on fuel bills
- Lower fleet insurance bills
- Let your employees know you are committed to a safer working environment
- Allow your employees to benefit from a higher level of driver skill in company vehicles
Get in touch:
Whilst we have tried to detail our driving courses as much as possible, you may have more questions you would like answering. Please email or call us and one of our team will be delighted to assist. We always aim to respond to all email enquires within 1 hour during office hours. If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/