We offer taxi assessments to current taxi and chauffeur companies, who want to become safer, more responsible drivers.
Please note – we do NOT offer standard taxi assessments as part of your initial taxi licencing. More info on this specific test can be found here – (https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/taxi-driver-practical-test)
Helping Current (and potential) Taxi Drivers:
Demonstrating that you are a safe and responsible taxi or chauffeur driver is of growing importance in todays discerning market. It’s also a great way to differentiate yourself from your competitors. People expect the person driving them has taken some form of professional driver training, and that they are focused on continual improvement. This is where Driver Safe comes in.
Who Needs Driver Safe?
* People who drive a taxi or are a professional chauffeur (or want to become such)
* A driver who needs to demonstrate their skill and competency as a professional driver (asked by their employer, council, or for their own satisfaction)
* A driver who needs a refresh of their driving after a collision or similar
* Driver Safe is also open to anyone training to become a taxi driver, and needs help with preparing for the practical driving element. The certificate will then be of value when looking for jobs, especially if they want to stand out from the other applicants.
* Each driver takes a 3.5hr assessment, road based in their own vehicle
* Bespoke coaching takes place from a DVSA registered fleet driving instructor anywhere in the UK
* A report is completed and a certificate issued, which is valid for 2 years
What is Covered:
The purpose of the course is to identify and address any bad habits a driver may have, and to then provide bespoke 1:1 coaching to increase the standards of the driver. During a course we will cover a wide range of things including:
* Forward planning and observation
* Speed awareness
* Advanced cornering techniques
* How to become a safer driver on all roads
* Car control (gears, steering, foot controls, signals)
* Car handling dynamics and techniques
* Rules of the road
* Dealing with road rage
* Commentary driving
* Reversing and manoeuvres
* Dealing with adverse weather
* Dealing with emergency situations
* Vehicle stability and control
* Motorway driving
* Town and urban defensive driving
* Skid control theory and learning what causes skids
* Eco-safe driving (effective use of speed, gears, planning)
* Anticipation – Learning to see and not just look
* Understanding other road users and their intentions
After the course:
You will be emailed a driving report, which will outline your driving both at the start and end in over 20 areas of driving, so you can see how you have improve and in what areas. There will also be notes from your tutor too.
Furthermore you will get a certificate (left), with a unique certificate number on linked to you, so people (customers/employers), should they wish, can verify you have taken the training.
This certificate is valid for 2 years.
The certificate will document the standard of driving achieved on the session, which ranges from:
5 Star, 4 Star, 3 Star, 2 Star, 1 Star (excellent to poor)
5 Star = Low Risk (Excellent)
4 Star – Low/Medium Risk (Good)
3 Star – Medium Risk (Reasonable)
2 Star – Med/High Risk (Below Average)
1 Star – High Risk (Poor)
There is no fail, although if you got a 3 star or below we would recommend a reassessment, which can be done at a reduced price.
* Demonstrate to your customers you are committed to safer driver and continual improvement
* Demonstrate you are prepared to go above and beyond what the industry expects
* As an employer it will help separate you from the competition when tendering for corporate contracts
* As an employed or freelance driver it’s a great thing to have on your CV
A. Initial 3.5hr assessment – £220 + vat (includes report and printed, verified certificate)
NB: Training more than one driver? We can provide training at just £160 + vat a driver if training 2 drivers a day (one AM one PM)
B. Post 2 year assessment – £220 + vat (includes report and printed, verified certificate)
Please contact us for more information on this specialist course. Please complete the web form on the upper right of this page or email firstname.lastname@example.org