We are a refreshing change to the usual advanced driver training “establishment” – we love what we do, and have a team of exceptional advanced driving tutors, based all over the UK, ready to train your drivers.
Our courses are bespoke to the exact needs and requirements of businesses of all sizes and sectors across the country. We offer training in cars, vans and HGV’s for drivers of all ages, and levels of experience and skill level.
Our Course Key Facts:
1. Training from £210 + VAT a driver for a 3.5hr session, lower for bulk numbers.
2. Full UK coverage
3. Training starts and ends at your office or offices
4. We can provide training at multiple sites across the UK
5. All tutors are DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) Registered
6. We measure a driver in 25 key areas of driving on our reporting sheets, and rate them either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. We do this at the start of training, and at the end so you can measure their progress and overall skill level as a driver.
This report is sent as a .pdf to you after training. View this report example (opens as a new window)
We work with businesses of all sizes and sectors, which range from the NHS, well know supermarkets and high street brands, to smaller B2B and B2C companies.
Benefits of Our Advanced/Defensive Driver Training:
1. Increase the level of driver safety in your fleet
2. Demonstrate your Duty of Care as a business
3. Lower fleet costs, including insurance, repair and fuel costs
4. Boost the morale of your drivers
5. Identify and address high risk drivers in your fleet
6. Improve the reputation of your business, especially if you have company branded vehicles
7. If you are looking to train 1 to 4 drivers, you can do this online via our booking system. We are the only UK driver training company that offers this facility, where you can also reserve ideal training dates.
How a Course Runs:
All our courses are road-based, and take place in a drivers own car/van. The course is bespoke and based on the needs of the driver, although follows a set format, which covers:
1. An Initial Drive – This allows our tutors to assess the drivers level of experience and skill after the initial introductions and vehicle safety checks. We ask a driver drive the way they normally do with no input from the tutor, for around 20 minutes.
We then mark them in 25 areas of driving, either Excellent, Very Good, Good, Adequate or Poor. This forms an excellent basis to build on the session, as both the driver and tutor can see the areas, which need most development. This helps create a truly bespoke training session.
2. Coaching – Based on the initial drive, the coaching will be designed around the needs and requirements of the driver, in an interactive and enjoyable way. We will be driving on a range of roads including urban driving, out of town (rural) driving, and motorway/dual carriageways. During this session there will be the chance for two way feedback, along with opportunities to recap what has been covered.
3. Debrief – At the end of the course there will be a two way debrief, where the tutor will provide feedback on the session, and where feedback from the driver is also encouraged. The tutor will again mark the driver on the 25 driving areas, which were looked at on the initial drive, making it very easy to see how the driver has improved, to what extent, and in what areas.
We provide a risk assessment for each driver at the end, which will be High, Medium or Low risk. A pdf report will be sent to you around 3 days after each training session. Should you wish to start your driver training from a computer, we offer a free online risk assessment for all drivers – you can read more at www.driversdomainuk.com/dora/
We cover a wide range of elements with our courses, which includes:
1. Forward planning, observation and anticipation
2. Car control
3. Dealing with adverse weather
4. Speed awareness
5. The Limit Point (Advanced)
6. The System of Car Control (Advanced)
7. Dealing with Road Rage
8. Rules of the Road
9. Creating a positive driving attitude
10. Skid control and much more…..
Request More Info & A Quote:
To request a quote based on the numbers you are looking at training, more information such as a report example, and our eBrochure, please complete the contact form at the upper right of this page. Alternatively call us on 0333 567 0264.
A member of our team will email you with this information usually within 1 hour during working hours. You can also contact us on 0333 567 0264.