Our defensive and advanced driving courses are not just for car drivers, we also offer a bespoke advanced van driver training nationwide (which includes motorhomes and other large vehicles). We are ideal for drivers that:
1. Recently have started a job driving a van and have little or no experience in driving such a vehicle.
2. Drive a van as part of their job, but have been having a few too many incidents.
3. Drives a van but struggles with the size and needs additional tuition.
We can provide van driver training in both small and large vans up to 3.5 tonnes (that can be used on a normal, “B” car driving licence) we can also provide training for larger Category C and C1 commercial vehicles.
Two Common Vans We Provide Training In (Our training takes place in your own van):
- Mercedes Sprinter – This is one of the most common vans we provide driver training in. The Mercedes Sprinter comes in a range of sizes and dimension. Our tutors have many years experience in delivering van driver training in such vehicles. Learn more about our bespoke Transit Driver Training.
- Ford Transit/Luton – Perhaps the most well known of all vans. The Ford Transit has been synonyms with “The White Van Man”. Our tutors have helped many “White Man Van” drivers become safer more courteous drivers.
We can provide van driver training in all vans, car-derived vans and LGV vehicles. With our van driver training we do focus more on maneuvers and mirror use, as this is essential when driving such a large vehicle, with limited rear vision.
- Forward planning and observation.
- Understanding and defusing road rage
- Rules of the road
- Van Maneuvers (Right and Left reverse + reversing)
- Advanced mirror use
- Cornering techniques
- Skid control techniques
- All weather driver
- Psychological elements of driving
- Vehicle handling with loads
- Space management and awareness
- Motorway, Town and Rural driving techniques
Following the course each driver will get a full driving report outlining what was covered, and their overall risk.
Don’t have a van? We don’t supply vans for training. However, if you would like a session and need a van, we would recommend hiring a van local to yourself, and training can then be arranged to start from the van hire depot. A number of customers who needed van training but did not have access to a van opted for this.
Quote & Course Duration:
We can provide a full day (7hrs) and a half day (3.5hrs) across the UK. A full day is £320 + vat and a half day is £210 + vat. You have the option of booking a session online here. Alternatively you can talk to us before hand with any questions you may have.
Our tutors are highly experienced in delivering van driver training, and we provide driver training for delivery drivers for the online Supermarket – Ocado.com in their Mercedes Sprinter Vans.
Please use the contact form on the upper right of this page, and a member of our team will be able to confirm a quote based on the numbers you are looking to train. We can train as few as one driver or as many as 100+
We have over 200 tutors all over the UK and can come to your office to start the training. We offer van driver training all over the UK including all major towns and cities including London, Manchester, Birmingham, Bristol, Nottingham and many more.