We provide advanced driving course across all the UK, including West Yorkshire. We have already helped companies and individuals alike in Halifax, Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, Wetherby and Huddersfield to become safer drivers. Our courses are designed and bespoke to the unique needs and requirements of each driver, so no two courses are the same.
West Yorkshire has a number of roads we provide training on, including the M1, M62 and A1 (M) for motorway training, where we help drivers to become safer and more aware on these busy, fast moving roads.
Out of town driving is also covered. West Yorkshire has many rural routes where we can help a driver improve their car control and handling skills in a way, which is adapted to their current level of driving ability and skill. During a driving course we head further a field where possible, and depending where you are, we often head north into North Yorkshire, or south into South Yorkshire – both areas have great roads for training.
Where possible we try and avoid sitting in traffic, but we do like to cover urban driver training. In an urban setting, a car is more of a hazard to vulnerable road users and pedestrians than on any other road. So with this in mind, we help coach a driver to make them more aware of their immediate surroundings, and to help them constantly scan and looks for cyclists and people on foot. We often head into places like Leeds or Halifax for this portion of the training, but it does depend on where you are located.
During our advanced driver training we cover many elements, including:
- Speed limit awareness
- Creating a safer mindset for driving
- Adapting your driving style on a range of roads
- How motoring law applies to you, road sign awareness and what they mean
- Coping with driving stress
- Manoeuvres, parking and driving in tight areas like car parks
- Driving in high risk weather (rain, snow, ice)
- How to become a defensive driver in city/town traffic
- Learn types of skids and how defensive driving can reduce them from occurring
- Learning to be an economical driver and save fuel
- How to anticipate what another driver is about to do
If you are looking at an advanced driving course as part of a fleet driver training plan, the advantages to training cover:
- Increase driver safety in your fleet
- Demonstrate Duty of Care
- Possibly reduce your fleet insurance costs
- Boost morale among your drivers
- Provide increased skill and confidence for your drivers
- Reduce your fleet fuel costs
The personal benefits of our advanced and defensive driver training:
- Increase your levels of skill and overall confidence
- Remove any risky driving characteristics
- Consider issues that may be specific to your driving
- Increase car control on all types of roads
- Reduce wear and tear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your car
Whilst we have tried to detail our driving courses as much as possible, you may have more questions you would like answering. Please email or call us and one of our team will be delighted to assist. We always aim to respond to all email enquires within 1 hour during office hours. If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/