Our HQ is based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. However, we have full UK coverage around the UK. We have a team of DVSA registered advanced driving tutors who can cover all areas of Shropshire. We have already helped many companies and private individuals in Shrewsbury, Telford, Wem, Church Stretton, Wellington and Whitchurch. Due to Shropshires rural location we can take a driver on some great roads in the county for training.
Heading on the A458 into Mid Wales is a good route, which combines faster A roads with twisty rural roads, while the M54 is good for motorway training, which depending on location and time, we can head onto the M6, or if you are based towards the north of the county we can head into Cheshire and onto the M56/M53.
Although Shropshire is a large county we more often than not head either into Mid Wales, over to Staffordshire, north into Cheshire or south into Herefordshire as part of a training route. This ensures we cover as many roads as possible. During a training session we do like to try and cover motorways, rural roads, and urban routes, as being exposed to a diverse network of roads means we get to see how a driver deals with different situations, and road types – and this allows us to adapt our training accordingly.
All training is bespoke to the driver, we never offer just an off the peg driving course!
During our advanced/defensive training we try and cover a wide range of things, including:
- Creating increased powers of anticipation and planning
- Being aware of speed limits and controlling your speed
- Improving a drivers overall attitude to driving on UK roads
- Safer driving on motorways, rural roads and in the town
- Educating drivers about rules of the road
- Better understanding the reasons for road rage
- Driving in dangerous weather
- Risks linked to urban driving and being aware of at-risk road users
- Learning the difference between different skids
- Learning to drive in a more economical way
- How to anticipate the actions of other motorists
The personal benefits of our advanced and defensive driver training:
- Increase your levels of skill and overall confidence
- Remove any risky driving characteristics
- Consider issues that may be specific to your driving
- Increase car control on all types of roads
- Reduce wear and tear on your car
- Improve your MPG – get more miles from your car
If you are looking at an advanced driving course as part of a fleet driver training plan, the advantages to training cover:
- Increase driver safety in your fleet
- Demonstrate Duty of Care
- Possibly reduce your fleet insurance costs
- Boost morale among your drivers
- Provide increased skill and confidence for your drivers
- Reduce your fleet fuel costs
Whilst we have tried to detail our driving courses as much as possible, you may have more questions you would like answering. Please email or call us and one of our team will be delighted to assist. We always aim to respond to all email enquires within 1 hour during office hours.
If you are ready to book a course for between 1 and 4 drivers, you can do this online for both business and private customers. Please go to www.advanced-driving.co.uk/book/