We help a large number of drivers, who are having issues with their confidence. In our experience, there are a number of reasons why motorists experience issues with their levels of confidence, which typically include:
1. Driving anxiety following a road traffic collision – Following an at-fault or a not at-fault road traffic collision, people can become very nervous about driving again.
Typically this involves a fear of other road users, especially HGV’s and using the motorways, or driving in adverse weather. We take a caring approach and look at how best to resolve your issues, and help boost your confidence.
2. A fear of driving a new or larger vehicle – People can lack confidence if they need to drive a larger vehicle. We can help you get used to the size, and help with various maneuvers. A larger vehicle is often a great deal easier than you think. We can train you in your new, larger vehicle and allow you the time to get used to the size, and learn some great driving techniques too!
3. Having not driven a car in a long while – People who have lived abroad, or have a licence and all of a sudden need to drive again, find themselves requiring additional training to give them the confidence to drive. We can work with you to slowly build your confidence and refresh your driving skills.
We have developed a Driving Confidence Course, which is designed to help boost a drivers level of confidence. The course is bespoke to a drivers own needs and requirements. We understand no two drivers are the same.
All courses are delivered by highly experienced DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standard Agency) registered instructors, and are reassessed every 4 years to ensure they can continue to provide professional training at the very highest level.
How a Course Runs:
All training starts from your home or office. We come to you for the training, not the other way round. We can also provide training on a weekend too. After you book a course, your tutor will call you to introduce themselves, and to discuss your situation and circumstances in more detail.
On the day of the course you will meet your tutor for a further informal, non judgemental chat before the driving starts. If appropriate, we allow you to drive in a way you normally would for a short time, for you to relax and for our tutor to get a feel for what you are like as a driver.
We then spend some time talking over what the tutor observed on the initial drive, and what the rest of the day will focus on. If you are having issues with motorways and overtaking for example, then the course will be focused more on that. Our courses are different as they are bespoke to your exact needs. We don’t just offer an “off the peg” course to fit all drivers.
At the end of the course, there will be a full debrief, along with tips and advice for the future. During the day there will be plenty of times to stop and discuss various aspects of driving and most importantly your driving and anxieties. You won’t be driving continuously for a full or half day.
Our Driving Confidence Course is bespoke to your needs, although there are a number of elements we do spend time coving, which include:
1. Forward planning and observation
3. Rules of the road
4. Dealing with adverse weather
5. Advanced car control
6. Speed awareness
7. Dealing with road rage and much more…
A full day costs £389 for a 7hr session, and a half day is £239 for a 3.5hr session. Both the same things are covered in a full/half day, although the full day allows longer to help develop your confidence.
After the course you will receive a full report of your driving sent on email, along with a certificate of completion if required.
Get In Touch:
If you would like to know more, or look at available dates please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on the upper right of the screen. We look forward to being able to help you become a safer, more confident driver.