We offer a full or half day speed awareness course for business customers and private individuals, who wish to become safer drivers. There is a number of reasons for a speed awareness course, which include:
From a Business Perspective – You Maybe……
1. Noticing an employee is accumulating points on his or her licence, and you want to take action to ensure they become aware of their speeding.
2. Becoming aware that an employee is driving too fast. Either through points, damage to company vehicles or from passenger reports.
3. Starting to form of a company H&S policy, where effective management of speed, and creating a safer workforce is a current and ongoing objective.
From a Private Individual Perspective – You Maybe…..
1. Facing a court appearance after being caught speeding. Taking our speed awareness course can help demonstrate to a court that you have taken the time to become aware of your speeding issue, and that you have taken the time to invest in improving your driving.
2. Having a growing awareness that you are simply driving too fast, and you want to learn how to become a safer, more speed aware driver. This is valid whether it is for yourself or a loved one.
To start there is a chance to chat with your tutor, in a non-judgemental, friendly way. We are here to help and support, not judge. After the chat, where we would have learnt more about you and your driving, we go on an initial drive to assess what level your driving is up to. We then mark you in 25 key areas of driving. From then the coaching starts where we cover the following:
* Essential tips on how to avoid speeding
* Developing effective observation and planning skills to help manage speed
* Creating a positive and responsible driving attitude
* Dealing with unfamiliar roads – often where speeding occurs
* Understand the link between stress and speeding
* Learning advanced and defensive driving techniques
* Know when it is safe to use speed, and when to hold back
* How to enter and exit areas with varying speed limits – often where people get caught speeding
When the training is complete, we will mark you again in the 25 key areas of driving, this will enable you to see how you have improved and your overall ability as a driver. This marking format makes it very easy to see how well you performed and improved on the day.
A full day is £320 + vat (7hrs) and a half day is £200 + vat.
This is a bespoke course option, provided by a private driver training company and is not part of the NSAC (National Speed Awareness Course), which you may have been asked to go on, as an alternative to points on your licence.
* All training is in your own car or van
* All our tutors are DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency) registered advanced driving tutors
* Training is all on-road – not classroom based
* We come to you for the training (we have over 200 tutors around the UK)
* We provide a full report after training send via email
* To book or enquire more please use the contact form on the upper right or call us on 0333 567 0264